Saturday, June 14, 2008

Its the little things


Well life has been a dizzying tumoult of change of recent!
There has been so much excitement and drama that I can honestly say that I have not been bored for a single moment in my recent memory.
We are in our new home and settling into the neighborhood. I am practicing becoming a real Baltimorian by calling everyone "Hon." I love that I can walk to just about anything I need and that I already know my neighbors. My little trellised oasis of roses in our back alley is one of my favorite places in the world now!
But it hasn't been exactly easy. Nate and I don't argue much. Or maybe I should say, we didn't argue much. Luckily we still love eachother as much--even when the other person is being crabby.
And six days after moving in, we had to put our kitchen remodel on hold (not before it was rendered unuseable of course...) because the bathroom floor had to be ripped out and replaced entirely. Luckily my handy husband and hardworking father-in-law dedicated their last two weekends to getting that problem fixed. I swore I wasn't going to complain, but after two weeks of being 8 months pregnant and having no flushing toilet in my home, I gave the "I've been a martyr" speech. Oh well, I tried.
But now there is a lovely new tile floor and fabulous flushing toilet. It is brand new and does not have any of the yucky-previous-owner germs. Plus, I did not crash through the floor while taking care of business in the bathroom, which was definitely going to happen if Nate had not taken care of the rotton floor problem.
All in all I have to say that I am a lucky girl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new place!

Kate said...

Nothing like pooping in peace.
And I love your new home!