Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thankful

In the past few weeks since Thanksgiving, I have been trying to think of something I am thankful for everyday. The habit has worn off on Scarlett too and every night when she says her bedtime prayers we talk about things that made her happy. A little while ago, her prayer was "Dear God, Thank you for purple. Amen" It was so sweet and sincere it still rings in my ear. There are so many huge blessings in my life to be thankful for--a great husband and kids, a house I love in a city I love, loving and supported extended family--but now I have been trying to be thankful for the small things that bring me joy. Today I am thankful for Honeycrisp apples and pandora radio. Sometimes the simplest things really are big treasures. What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

Terri said...

Yay - a blog from you! That's a rare treat!

I'm thankful for a wonderful friend who watches my little guy for me when I need to go to doctors appointments. And I'm not just saying that because of your blog - I've been thinking it all day!

Kate said...

I'm thankful for a wonderful daughter who is teaching her daughter to love Jesus!