Friday, May 4, 2007

Daddies







My 6th graders and I are reading "A Wrinkle in Time" in class and had a really interesting discussion about the main character. She is struggling with the disappearance of her father, and it was so sad to see how many of my students could identify with her. Many of them confessed to worrying about a father they had not seen in years. Others talked about fathers who lived nearby but were rarely involved in their lives. One even told a story of waiting for ten years to finally meet his father.



This week, my husband Nate celebrated his birthday and I reflected on how lucky I am to have him. I have a great husband! But now I am doubly thankful because Scarlett has such an adoring daddy who can not wait to spend time with her and brings a smile to her face every day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we are very lucky!!!

Kate said...

It's all fun and games till the baby stabs the sashumi with her as yet unsteady chopstick.

Unknown said...

geez what a sap fest! just kidding, i love all these pictures and Scarlett is even luckier to have such a great Mommy.

Unknown said...

kara - this is the cutest blog i've ever seen! i'm HOOKED.