Monday, July 16, 2007

Ciao bebe!


Well we are mostly packed and are ready to go to France!!! I couldn't get to sleep last night at all because I was so excited. It has been almost a year since I have seen my sister and her family... I can not believe that I am finally going to get to hug them! They haven't met Scarlett yet, so I am looking forward to showing her off. I went through her closet to find her very cutest clothes. Her Great Aunt Julie has given her some really adorable outfits with French phrases on them that I hope I am translating correctly and do not say something like "I hate the French!" Nate has planned tons of great activities while we are there, and I am trying to be a good sport about it, but I really just want to hang out with my family (and go to the Louvre, of course!) For those of you who have watched as much Full House as Lane and I have, we have been refering to this as Nate's clipboard of fun!! We've been listening to a French phrases CD to learn useful questions like, "Excuse me, where is the train station?" Most of the time I end up just making sounds that remind me slighly of the French language and moreso like a stroke patient. What I wonder is, how useful are these phrases if you can't understand a thing the person says back to you?!? Luckily my brilliant sister will be doing all of the talking for me, else I will probably just try to act out the question--I am pretty good at charades!
I plan to completely ruin my diet with this French cheese (Kirk, I am counting on your #3 best reason to live there-- a new one for every day!!!!!). Also I am looking forward to the pastries. In fact, I am excited for so many new and exciting things to eat. Well alright, I am pretty much excited about everything at this point....I'll be sure to post pictures of our adventures!

3 comments:

justjuls said...

I am so excited for you guys too - and took a big sigh of relief when I saw that all the passports came in on your mom's blog.
That picture of Scarlett in the suitcase is WAY TOO CUTE! You need to make a scrapbook page of it!

And I just wanted to say thank you for posting something fun - all the homeschool lesson plans, weekly menu plans, and chore lists are about to bore.me.to.tears. Yay for somebody who posts something of interest!
I say - let them eat cheese! Have some good stuff for me - and don't forget the wine!

Anonymous said...

"...I hope I am translating correctly and do not say something like "I hate the French!"

Too funny! I hope so too.

Have a great trip and post lots of pictures.

Au revoir!

Mom2B&A said...

Hi Kara--

I found your blog accidentally by stumbling across your mom's and recognizing your picture! Congratulations on your marriage and new family! I have two babies, 17 1/2 months and 6 months old. Amazing isn't it?...life?
Jami (Cameron) Adams--jami.adams@gmail.com