Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekends away


Grandma Kate and Lauren Elise

I swore that I was just going to stay home for a weekend after two weekends away.

That was until I got a call that Lane was having her baby. I was already packing my bag before we hung up. She was just so tiny and sweet, with the softest head of sweet-smelling baby hair. Was it really only 9 weeks ago that I had a little newborn like that?! Layla was at Mom's house so I got in some good auntie time and Scarlett was happy to have a buddy to play with. They even shared once or twice. And the highlight of the trip was looking at my sister's big smile when she talked about Lauren. It was such a celebration that I almost forgot the fact that I have yet another bag to unpack...
Maybe tomorrow..

4 comments:

Kate said...

You make our weekends a party when you come home.

Kirsten said...

I so wish I was there!

Josh said...

I'm so glad you came!!Please come more often so that I don't go insane!!!

Anonymous said...

And now I have a bag to unpack as well...and I'm not even home yet!!! Plus I'm in St. Louis and didn't have 5 minutes to try to call Jenny either. Unfortunately it's from work and not from seeing little L. Sorry for not calling last night, babe. I could blame it on time zones but that's just a poor excuse. Sorry.