Tuesday, June 16, 2009

my adventure begins

I am on my way to Chad to visit Kirsten!!!! I am sitting in the Paris airport, 6 dollar coke in hand (a necessity as my body does not compute that it is 930 am alrady!!) and pacing as I wait through my layover. In a few short hours I will be away from everything familiar and dear with the exception of my big sister and her family. I can't believe I will be hugging them so soon! I am missing my family so bad, especially when I see a little toddler or baby. I want to snatch them up and run away. But then I realize how peaceful it is and I appriciate the temporary solitude. I have been burning through my novel and working on sketches that have remained only ideas for 2 months. Every now and then I am shocked at myself that I have traveled all of this way alone--what an adventure! Don't forget to say a quick prayer for me tonight!

4 comments:

Kate said...

I want to be with you. Have the best time ever ever and don't worry about home!

Terri said...

I miss you already! Are you sketching my alley?

Josh said...

I can only imagine that much time to myself! Enjoy it while it lasts, then run to your babies!!! We'll have them waiting for you...

Samantha said...

Oh, how I'd love to be there with you right now -- I'm so excited for you!! Let Kirsten, Steve and all the others know that when you hug them, a little of each of us is holding on to them, too.
Constantly praying for you!