Friday, January 9, 2009

small victories


It is a rare moment...
The house is quiet, no one is screaming, crying or throwing up. I believe we are turning a corner.
Life has been hectic because Ensley has not been feeling well, which means he hasn't been sleeping well, which means we are all tired. It was so hard to see my little baby crying and not be able to fix it. Plus he has projectile vomited on me 6 times in the last 3 days. To quote Scarlett, "not awesome."
All of the sleep deprivation was getting to me. Poor Nate had to tolerate quite a few snide comments. I will make it up to you honey, I promise. I had to miss my spinning class at the gym, which made me feel depressed and I ate two dark chocolate batons from Trader Joes. This is not Iron Girls behavior. Although carrying both sleeping children from the alley into their beds the other night was a feat of strength. I read that you burn more calories during an activity if you concentrate on burning calories, so I thought about my skinny jeans while I was toting the laundry up and down 3 flights of steps. I guess that counts for something.
But I did send out a birthday card and met up with a woman that I am going to start volunteering with. Small victories that are keeping me sane.
Well, I hear the prince fussing now. It was nice while it lasted!

1 comment:

Josh said...

You ARE awesome Kara!! I love you.